- HISTORICAL REPAIR
KNOWLES INDUSTRIAL CAN HANDLE THE CHALLENGE
We are leaders in building envelope repair and historic restoration projects in New England. Our primary specialties include selective demolition, repair, and reconstruction of building envelopes containing masonry and concrete. We inspect and address envelope problems concerning water infiltration, heat loss, surface wear and contamination.
Whether your project requires new sealants to prevent window leaking, replacement of mortar or flashings to mitigate water infiltration, or merely a veneer cleaning to improve the appearance of your building, Knowles Industrial can handle the challenge. We have the experienced personnel and construction equipment necessary to access and tackle difficult projects safely and effectively.
About Building Envelopes Building envelopes are the quintessential component to preserving and protecting the spaces where we work and live. A well constructed and maintained envelope or veneer promotes crucial functions such as forming an insulating barrier for heating or cooling purposes and protecting against weathering from wind, ultraviolet exposure, and moisture accumulation. Regardless of the construction materials used, all buildings require routine maintenance to ensure the durability and strength of their envelope systems. Knowles Industrial Services are experts in building restoration, including maintenance of common commercial building envelopes systems including brick, terra cotta, stone, limestone, sandstone, brownstone, granite, and concrete masonry, pre-cast and cast-in-place concrete.
- Façade Inspection & Restoration
- Historic Restoration
- Restoration Cleaning & Acid Washing
- Experience with various sealant, waterproofing, and elastomeric membranes
- Tuck Pointing
- Brick & CMU Wall Demolition and Rebuild
- Replacement/Install Joint Sealants
- Familiarity w/ complex flashing details and air vapor barriers
- Shoring capabilities for suspended slabs under construction
- Jahn Products certified applicators
- OSHA 10 Hour & 30 Hour trained personnel
- Replacement & Repair of various materials including:
- Brick, Terra Cotta, Limestone, Sandstone, Brownstone, Granite, Marble and Concrete Masonry Units (CMU)